Friday, August 3, 2018

Let's make some changes....

Let's make some changes....

I sat in the medical office listening to the professional going over a panel of recent tests...."these are bad results", "no wonder....", "you need to make some changes", "this will lead to this", "this has lead to this".....honestly, I knew something was wrong, but I really didn't want to change, but my body was stressing because I needed to change ....

"Okay, let's make some changes and here is how....are you willing?"

Then, as I read about king Manasseh this morning it was evident I was getting another message...he started out doing "evil in the eyes of the Lord",
was humbled by his decisions, "in his distress he sought the favor of the Lord his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers."
He started badly, ended well...

To top it off, I read the last chapter of the devotional I have been reading, "What if God Wrote Your Bucket List" by Jay Payleitner, 'Finish What You Start'....
His parting verses....bottom line verses...do I need to change verses...finishing well verses...

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
Proverbs 16:3

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
Galatians 2:20

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Mark 16:15

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

**********
All this, spoken like a true teacher, "how many ways can I pound in this point?"

So, it may have started out in the doctor's office with "let's make some changes" but the over all message to me was "what can I do to improve my life before God? Am I bringing Glory to Him, not just in earthly health, but in deeds and words?" "Am I finishing well?"

What changes do I need to make? Thank YOU for repetition...your desire that we listen, do...

No comments:

Post a Comment