Sunday, August 26, 2018

another man down...

Another man down...

Yesterday, I attended a vintage plane air show...the roar of the engines, the creativeness of the pilots, the artistic paintings, the history, the  camaraderie of fellow plane lovers and pilots was so evident...grandpas walking around with their grandchildren or holding the littler ones hands, bending to explain something....proud veterans with their  hats or shirts proclaiming their units...

The opening national anthem song caused silence and respect of the milling crowd...

A Teeshirt displaying the words, "Stand for the flag, Kneel for the Cross" caught my attention...patriotism for our country as fragmented as newscasters would lead us to believe....but love for the ultimate Redeemer...

As we were wandering the Tarmac another family was experiencing a repeat of our family's loss...another respected public figure was dying from the same "terminator" cancer our husband and dad had experienced...
I couldn't help but think of the family at this time...I never knew them except in the news...I just felt compassion for their journey and loss...they as we knew it was coming...but the end is hard...the goodbyes, the last words, the last hug or kiss...are just that, the last...

As he was a veteran, he would have been right at home with the crowd we wandered through...he would have shaken hands, smiled and encouraged, exchanging stories and stood at attention for the song as well...he could have sat beside another author signing books about their lives in the military ...

But instead, he was taking his last breath....another man down...I don't his personal religious beliefs or his last personal testimony...just that he was a patriot who served his beloved country ...thank you...

But, Thank YOU, God for sending men to serve...You have gifted each of us  with a path to follow, You have numbered our days...help us to fulfill your purpose in our lives wherever it may be...

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment