Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Pesky Mosquitos....

Pesky Mosquitos....

There were two mosquitos touring my house early this morning...seemingly floating around looking at everything, going from to room to room, finally settling in my bedroom to "visit"...they must have entered the night before while I had the door opened to let the dog in or out...they really weren't welcomed with open arms, but they came anyway...

I was reading quotes about God like...

"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and they pass themselves by without wondering " ...Augustine

Followed by scripture from Isaiah about God making the sun go backwards as a sign for King Hezekiah...

All the while watching and hearing  these two minute creatures fly around lighting here and there....these tiny ones which can carry big diseases as they  move from area to area...

The big and the little, God created it all...what a wonder...with purpose, with delight, from the mountains to the valleys, from the thinner-than-a-hair legs of the mosquitos to the thick ponderous legs of the elephant...to each of us in his image...what a Designer...thank YOU...

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand — when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18e

https://www.britannica.com/animal/mosquito-insect

No comments:

Post a Comment