Saturday, July 7, 2018

Jealousy..../anger....

Jealousy.../anger...

Reading through Jonah early this am, I was brought up short about my attitude of jealousy...

I remember distinct moments in life when I was jealous...
- Growing up, friends and family got store bought clothing, while mine were homemade
- Others seemed to buy what they wanted when they wanted
- Others seemed to have perfect hair, etc..."better life"...
- I still get pangs of jealousy when I see or are among others who still have their spouses alive, holding hands, communicating with looks that spell long relationships...

Lessons learned and learning...
- one year I wanted store bought clothing, so my mother gave me the same budget, and it didn't go near as far with store bought clothing...thankfulness for my mother's talent and teaching...
- Learned and learning that waiting is worth it...the planning and anticipation are part of the process of waiting. Time also gives you a chance to shop wisely, change a desire/need. Find out what is important..Enjoy the moment...
- There is no such thing as "perfect" hair, body, life, etc...
- Savor the times with others, enjoying their joy...thank God I had the time I did...instead of the "what ifs or might  have beens"...


Jonah was told to go and he ran,
Jonah was told to go again and he did, but then he didn't like the outcome as he watched the population turn to God...he wanted what he wanted...and God still showed mercy toward the people and Jonah again...even when Jonah wanted another outcome ...
God is sovereign in His decisions...
-he shows compassion...
-he loves with an overwhelming love...
-he uses mere man to carry his messages...
-his timing is his...

Thank YOU

The Book of Jonah

But to Jonah this seemed very wrong, and he became angry.
He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord , when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.
But the Lord replied, “Is it right for you to be angry?”
But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”
"It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”
But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”
Jonah 4:1-2,4,9-11



No comments:

Post a Comment