Thursday, July 12, 2018

Bring back.....

Bring back....


"and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. “They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God."
Amos 9:14-15

Reading in the book of Amos, God finished the book with a promise--"bring back". Then I found more similar promises in various books as well...that promise of restoration of land for the Israelites is wonderful...but the principle of restoration or "bringing back" is so much deeper than just the land   in which they lived...it is cleaning us up, proclaiming that we can be restored to Him if we stray away...God never leaves us...He wants us home, in His "land", taken care of, fruitful, finished, forgiven...thank YOU...for Your forbearance when we wander...Your bringing us back to our roots, our place in You, Your Faithfulness ....


I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. ”
Genesis 28:15

Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back.
Deuteronomy 30:4

“When your people Israel have been defeated by an enemy because they have sinned against you, and when they turn back to you and give praise to your name, praying and making supplication to you in this temple, then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and bring them back to the land you gave to their ancestors.
1 Kings 8:33-34

then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and bring them back to the land you gave to them and their ancestors.
2 Chronicles 6:25

And now the Lord says— he who formed me in the womb to be his servant to bring Jacob back to him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honored in the eyes of the Lord and my God has been my strength — he says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”
Isaiah 49:5-6

“I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number.
Jeremiah 23:3

“Therefore say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.’
Ezekiel 11: 17

I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God. ”
Zechariah 8:8

He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God.
Luke 1:16 ....speaking of John the Baptist...

My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
James 5:19-20



No comments:

Post a Comment