Monday, July 23, 2018

I'm the boss...

I'm the boss....

Watching America's funniest Home videos the other night, I was intrigued by the toddler who repeatedly answered an adult, " I'm the boss" as the adult egged this little diapered 2-3 year old on...asking "isn't grandma the boss, or mom or dad", as he repeatedly, heatedly, replied again and again, " I'm the boss" brandishing his little pointer finger in the air, emphasizing his outspoken point...

Oh, my...been there done that...maybe not the same exact scene, but similar with either my children, my grandchildren or those I babysat in the past...those willful, headstrong little humans...or maybe they weren't  so little...they have actually come in all ages, come to think of it realistically...myself included in that scene..."I am the boss"...

I can picture myself saying to God, "I didn't want it that way, I wanted it my way,...I want to be the boss"...and He just smiles and lovingly redirects my tantram...with a "timeout" or discipline of some sort...

Reading through the book of Isaiah, nation after nation fall before the Holy One, the high and mighty who have reigned, thinking they were the Boss...

“Woe to the obstinate children,” declares the Lord, “to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin;
This is what the Sovereign  Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.
You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’ Therefore you will flee! You said, ‘We will ride off on swift horses.’ Therefore your pursuers will be swift!
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Isaiah 30:1,15-16,18,21

In the end, and through all time, we really aren't the "bosses" we may have thought we were...thank YOU, in Your sovereignty, You have declared your kingship...

 “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.
They will say of me, ‘In the Lord alone are deliverance and strength.’” All who have raged against him will come to him and be put to shame.
But all the descendants of Israel will find deliverance in the Lord and will make their boast in him.
Isaiah 45:22-25

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him, for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.
Psalm 22:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment