Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Word of God Speak...

Word of God speak....

The last solo I sang was the song, "Word of God speak". How fitting...the esophagitis had spread enough up my throat for no more solos, no more worship teams, no more choir and only a few songs at a time...the control wasn't there anymore, the rasping/coughing and clearing of throat had taken over...this was a hard loss...in a season of so many losses...I had sung with my mother starting at age four and on through life, whether in private or public, in groups, choirs, worship teams...

Now it was time to fully rely on others' songs, others' solos...to speak to my soul...

My children can sing and now my grandchildren have taken it up as well...what fun to hear them praising the Lord in song...

But aside from that...the Word does speak...whether in psalms and spiritual songs or deep Into Our souls... We don't have to sing it to make it heard...

  Psalm 119:9, 11, 14-16 How can a young person stay on the path of purity?By living according to your word. 
I have hidden your word in my heartthat I might not sin against you. 
I rejoice in following your statutesas one rejoices in great riches.
 I meditate on your preceptsand consider your ways. 
I delight in your decrees;I will not neglect your word. 

Psalm 119:103-104 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 
I gain understanding from your precepts;therefore I hate every wrong path. 

Jeremiah 15:16 When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight,for I bear your name,Lord God Almighty. 

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 

Isaiah 55:11 
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Thank YOU that whether Your Word is sung, written or spoken..It Speaks to us...You are speaking to us...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JTY-UKgLlXs

No comments:

Post a Comment