Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving blessing...

Thanksgiving Blessing....
 
As we live in a world of Black Fridays, cyber Mondays ,  red holiday decorations, Santa arrivals, sales, blowout prices, there is little mention of the real meaning Thanksgiving and Christmas...in some ways it has become a merchant's and consumer's dream...sell, sell, sell, buy, buy, buy...with advertisements beginning earlier every year... 

Where are the Pilgrims who sacrificed, the nativity in remembrance of Christ's birth ....they have been lost in shuffle of political correctness ...history rewritten to suit the times and not the truth... 

It was refreshing to hear the following short radio (radio?, what's that ) broadcast..

http://www.coolestone.com/media/13558/Red-Skelton's-Thanksgiving-Blessing-(1947)/#.VlcaL4g76K1

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, 
pray continually, 
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 

1 Corinthians 10:30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for? 

Psalm 107:8 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing loveand his wonderful deeds for mankind, 

Sometimes I feel like Jesus is going through my soul as He did in the temple, over throwing the money changers tables,...when I have gone the way of the world in leaving the the thanks out of Thanksgiving and the Christ out of Christmas... 

Matthew 21:12-13 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’” 

Let my day, instead of focussing on the world view, help me focus on God's view..let me humble myself before Him, thanking Him for the riches He has bestowed on this country, the riches He has bestowed on me, not materially but making this vessel I live in a thankful blessing...let me be a "house of prayer" ...

2 Chronicles 7:14-16 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. 


Thank YOU, God for Yourself...


No comments:

Post a Comment