Thursday, November 5, 2015

The letter .....

The letter.....

I have often thought about Hezekiah in the Old Testament in the book of 2 Kings, Isaiah and Jeremiah, he was facing an enemy and received his letter, denouncing him and the country that he ruled......

I have received news at various times over the years, lived in events that seemed so negative, fearful, scary...and pictured myself taking those events to God as Hezekiah did... Laying them out before God, desiring that God hear my pleas, open His eyes and see my plight...not that He didn't know already every thought that I already had...He knows everything...but just the act of bowing myself before His Holiness, Sovereignty...brought comfort..laying these things at His feet, for Him to take care of... Lifted the burden...

I have done it...many of the answers weren't what I had planned...but I knew, like Hezekiah that God heard my pleas..felt my tears, took my fears, listened...and even in the listening, I felt less stressed because I had shared it with Him...

Hezekiah did not do everything right in his reign, he was prideful, fearful, trusting of the wrong people...but His letter and his response to it stand out...he is found in the lineage of Christ...

Thank YOU that I can spread my letters out before You...You have a plan...You Listen...as You have over the millenniums...



2 Kings 19:14-16a, Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. 
Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed to the Lord: “Lord, the God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Give ear, Lord, and hear; open your eyes, Lord, and see; listen .....

2 Kings 19:20 Then Isaiah son of Amoz sent a message to Hezekiah: “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I have heard your prayer concerning Sennacherib king of Assyria. 

Isaiah 37:14-17 Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed to the Lord: “Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. 
You have made heaven and earth. 
Give ear, Lord, and hear; open your eyes, Lord, and see; listen to all the words Sennacherib has sent to ridicule the living God. 

Jeremiah 26:19b "....... Did not Hezekiah fear the Lord and seek his favor? ....

No comments:

Post a Comment