Sunday, November 22, 2015

"Old " music....

"Old" music...

Recently, I attended a concert of music from the 1960's-70's...music I grew up with...music that I heard as a preteen and teenager.....

We listened to music all the time, with my parents owning a music store...we sold the 45 double sided records, the 33 1//3 albums and the 78 records as well as the sheet music to the popular songs of the time...the "top ten" played regularly...they were played on the local radio stations and the school dances we attended.....a huge part of our everyday lives...we hummed the songs as we went about our lives, knew the words as we listened ....this was a long time before our present MP3 players, iPhones, androids, iPads, computers, DVDs, CDs ....

While the music concert was fun to listen to, it was hard as well...those were fun times...enjoying life, music, childhood, a good life, but time has passed and age is showing....now a half century later, one marriage, four children, nine grandchildren later....lives have changed, my life has changed...the love songs sang at the concert emphasized the aloneness of widowhood... I still knew the words, but the love of my life is gone ...and I am on to new horizons...

Over those same years, God has worked so much in my life...continually showing His love...replaced the old songs with new ones....added many more songs of life, love and His Word...working to grow more grace, care and service into my life...put new words into my thoughts, new praises in my 
lips with His psalms....to glorify Himself...with "new music"...

Thank YOU for the "old" music but thank You so much for the "new" songs You have put in my heart....

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. 

Psalm 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear the Lord And put their trust in him. 

 Psalm 98:1 Sing to the Lord a new song,for he has done marvelous things;his right hand and his holy armhave worked salvation for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment