Thursday, November 19, 2015

Pushing the chair....

Pushing the chair....

As I waited for a bus to take other passengers and myself back to our cruise ship, i was watching a group of "homeless" people across the street encamped under some low trees....one of them was in a wheel chair, the others were sitting around on the dirt or on rocks...finally one pushed the wheel chair bound one across the street to take up his place at a mall entrance...

"There, but by the grace of God, go I" my mind cried...but in realty I was a beggar as well, asking God for His gift of salvation....the Holy Spirit "pushed " me to God's entrance as well...I was standing outside the Mall, wanting entrance, wanting those gifts, goods inside...and God drew me in... And gave me the greatest gift of all, His Son...now wearing a robe of righteousness, I don't have to beg for tidbits from others, but have the God of the universe as my caregiver and Father...

Bringing others, helping them...those acts of kindness , serving one another, even in the little things like pushing a wheel chair is our privilege...whether they are poor or rich is a privilege so that they may come to that open Door which God holds open... 

Thank YOU for sending those friends who have helped me along the paths of life...

Psalm 22:26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;those who seek the Lord will praise him—may your hearts live forever! 

Psalm 34:6-7, 15 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;he saved him out of all his troubles. 
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,and he delivers them.
 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,and his ears are attentive to their cry; 

No comments:

Post a Comment