Monday, April 20, 2015

Purposed...reflect, refocus , renew...

Purposed.....reflect, refocus, renew....

This last week was the third "anniversary " of my husband's passing.  I knew a slump was coming, even though I didn't want it to...i didn't want to relive those last days, or the months leading up to them or the losing of a spouse after 43 years, or losing the father of our children, losing a friend, a lover, a confidant, a cheerleader, someone who knew me better than anyone else....I didn't want to dwell on loss again...the tear always reign/rain...and then it time to pick up the pieces and start anew....

So I purposed to do something different on that day...I started with the devotion on " the calling of a life of gratitude" and ended the day with a dinner with other women about, "reflect, refocus and renew".  I had no idea what was going to be discussed, except I knew I was supposed to be there...

We each had an opportunity for a massage (which was wonderful), a sit down dinner of good things and then encouraging talks and discussions, four hours went quickly by...I didn't know a soul, but my tablemates quickly bonded over discussion questions and shared history ...some of the speakers were Christians and some weren't...but the focus  of "reflect, refocus, and renew" crossed boundaries of beliefs...

"Reflect- to reflect is to think deeply on or care about; taking time to review and contemplate issues at hand.  This time is about YOU, who you are and what you are about".

We covered this topic late in the Griefshare study..."who am I, now?  To whom do I  belong? " we did weekly and daily studies to reflect...

"Refocus-to focus  attention or resources on something new or different"

"Renew-everything/one experiences new life, growth, and death.  Change is a constant, .....there is always hope of renewal..."

Questions explored-
What are my foundational beliefs?
What am I passionate about?
What legacy/legacies do I want to leave?
What is my purpose?
What daily affirmations do I speak?
What am I doing to nourish/nurture my soul, mind, body?

As a growing Christian, these topics are there...asking God for guidance in these issues...trusting Him to lead in the changes, being willing to accept the changes-no matter how hard, knowing that God has our best interests at heart...hope in Him through pain and change......

Thank YOU for supplying my emotional needs for this last week...You had everything planned, and I, as hard as it was, needed to step out of my comfort zone and accept...You gave me Your peace...in the remembrance and in the changes...

2 Corinthians 13:4, 11 For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him in our dealing with you. .....Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 

Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. 
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment