Saturday, April 4, 2015

Disintegration....renewal...

Disintegration......and renewal....

1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 10, 13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

I have had the wonderful privilege of working with many couples with their weddings and  marriage rededications.... it was a blessing beyond words...

The hard part came later when some of these lovestruck couples let their marriage disintegrate into chaos to divorce for various reasons....or watching longtime marriages fall into disrepair and ultimate failure...infidelity, money, disrespect, dishonor, lies, pride, unforgiveness, anger, .....the list goes on and on...with the end in hurt, bitterness, distrust that effects so many...some of these people return to their roots of walking closer to their Comforter and Friend, God.  Others, continue on the path of their choosing without thought of the consequences...to those around them...

It hurts to see hurting people...especially after being involved with their lives...
The other day, I saw a several couples who have been wounded and restored..i saw love renewed, comfort in new partners who quiet the soul of another...God has sent healing in a variety of ways...with himself at the center....He always perseveres with His great love...

Thank YOU for for your restoration, Yourself, Your great love that heals....

No comments:

Post a Comment