Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mothers....

Moms....

I learned yesterday of a mother passing away, I had just talked to her last week and she was doing fine after an operation...so fast and she was gone...Was so glad I heeded God's nudging to call....

Mine has been gone almost  five years now, and I still see things that, I wish I could share or think, "oh, mom would like this"...and then realize that I can't, so I just hold it in my heart....knowing that she is without pain and enjoying the colors and music of heaven after enjoying the painting and music talents that she had here on earth...

The Bible records so many mothers from the beginning to the end...Eve, the first of all....no midwives or doctors to assist ....what that must have been like...I hope Adam was a big help and not the fainting type...

Genesis 3:20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. 

And down through the ages, 
Noah and his wife and children in the ark....
Issac, whose mother was aged, but so longed for...
Jacob and Esau, twins who were ever in conflict...
Leah and Rebecca, both vying to be mothers of sons by Jacob....
Moses, whose mother nursed him for Pharaoh's daughter
Samuel, whose mother prayed for him and then gave him into the hands of the priest...
The Shumenite woman, whose son was ill...
Bathsheba,whose son  died...and then another to be a king...
Hosea's wife, Gomer, and their children with their names of various events...
Jesus, and his mother, Mary....she endured so much..
Timothy, with a guiding mother and grandmother...

Babies and mothers....all kinds of situations, cultures...going through life...
Mother play such a big role in their children's lives, birthing, molding, directing, letting them go...watching, holding, caressing, teaching, laughing, crying...praying...

Thank YOU for  mothers.....help those of us still here to be a blessing to our children...

Exodus 2:8-10 “Yes, go,” she answered. So the girl went and got the baby’s mother. Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the baby and nursed him. When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, saying, “I drew him out of the water.” 

Leviticus 19:3a“‘Each of you must respect your mother and  father.....I am the Lord your God. 

Deuteronomy 5:16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you. 

1 Kings 17:22-24 The Lord heard Elijah’s cry, and the boy’s life returned to him, and he lived. Elijah picked up the child and carried him down from the room into the house. He gave him to his mother and said, “Look, your son is alive!” Then the woman said to Elijah, “Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the Lord from your mouth is the truth.” 

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 

Proverbs 23:25 May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful! 

From the cross, Jesus said-John 19:27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. 

2 Timothy 1:5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. 




http://www.coolestone.com/media/12217/Mom---Mothers-Day-Home-Free-Cover/#.VUIjUIhHaK1

No comments:

Post a Comment