Monday, April 6, 2015

Children of pioneers....

Children of the pioneers....

I recently spent some time at a local well known museum...they have so many wonderful exhibits to wander through, and examine ...from raptors to playful otters,   History of the area in full life to how beer is made....deadly animals to desert life....

One new exhibit was "children of the pioneers" showing activities, clothing, toys, schooling, everyday life of children crossing the USA in wagons and living years ago...it was like looking at "little house on the prairie" up close and personal....

One part of the exhibit was videos of people talking about their grandparents....what they remembered of about them and their lives...some had toys, pictures, mementoes, of those days long gone by...

What struck me, was the timing in my life...I have been looking up some genealogy on my husband's parents, finding information back to the 1700's...I have just finished putting my parent's stories in binder form....connecting with my husband's relatives whom I have never met and some I have many years ago...

I don't really  want to get caught up in "endless genealogy " as the Bible calls it...I just wanted to give some history, some depth and perspective to family life...we are but a " vapor" in time....what ripples do we cause to generations to come?  What memories are we leaving with our grandchildren....? Will we finish well? What investments are we making in their lives that they will look back on fondly?  Are there mementoes  that they will hold as special from their grandparents and beyond?

Not sure...but hopefully...

Thank YOU that you have  time for everything....a time to remember, a time to move forward..a time to weep and a time to laugh...a time to start and a time to finish...a time to live and a time to die....You hold all things in your mighty loving hand...

Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of your strength,in the morning I will sing of your love;for you are my fortress,my refuge in times of trouble. 

Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times, you people;pour out your hearts to him,for God is our refuge. 

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment