Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reality....

Reality ......

One of the goals of grief according to the Grisfshare material is to accept the reality that your loved is dead...that they aren't coming back...that they aren't going to come through the door....that the phone call is not going to come....whatever we are expecting or waiting for....and we are to move forward in that reality....

Joshua 1:1b-2, 6
"The LORD said to Joshua ....'Moses my servant is dead.  Now then, you and all these people, get ready...because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.'"

It took several months for the waiting to subside for me, even though in my heart I knew the reality of my parents and my husband's death...there are still times when something happens, I read an article, receive a letter, read a joke, see a sunset, whatever...that I want to turn and share  with them...I still pass their pictures and may say "hello" or " I love and miss you..."   

I have found such comfort in God's word, knowing that He sends with right words to my heart and mind at just the right time...

This morning, He sent Psalm 119: 35, "Direct me in the path of your commands for there I will find delight."

As I have travelled some these last few years with my parents, family and husband to various destinations, I have taken pictures of pathways. The trails in New Zealand where the the Hobbit was filmed....pathways and bridges in Nova Scotia where Anne of Green Gables was from....paths through cemeteries....the hot pots in Yellowstone...a rose garden...and many, many more...even the pathway through our valley of death...each picture has a memory...to me, each calls for a verse on paths from God's Word...
So I put together a book twinning the pictures with verses .....

None of the pictures have an end to the path...that is to be found out  in life....where does each go...  Just as in the verse...by following that path of God's, we find  delight...even in the reality for facing our loved one's death...that is the path chosen for us ...

The paths are not all easy and smooth, easy walking.. But we have God's promise that He is there with us...directing, comforting...listening...speaking to our hearts...reality for the "now"...

Thank YOU for each path...some I didn't really want to  walk through, but You  
helped me ....others were wonderful, challenging, each selected especially for me...because You love me....


No comments:

Post a Comment