Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hope.....

Hope.....

Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This morning I looked up the word, "hope"...
It was interesting to find the highest occurrence  was found in two books, Psalms and Romans....and the highest occurrence in Psalms is in the longest chapter, 119...and many times hope is associated with waiting....
 
Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. 

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,and in his word I put my hope. 

Psalm 62:5-8 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God;he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. 

When i am in distress from whatever the cause, sickness, persecution, grief, suffering...I tend to be impatient to get out of it as soon as possible...I really don't want bad things to happen to me....or anyone else for that matter...but I want only good...where there is no pain of any kind...
For some reason that just doesn't seem to fit real life...we have many times of joy, good, but there is pain...hope sees us through ....hope in God Himself, hope in His truth, Hope in Christ our salvation...

Psalm 131:3b .......put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore. 

It is not to be just a passing hope, but a  forever hope...

Psalm 119:43, 49, 74, 81, 114, 116, 147 Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. 
Remember your word to your servant,for you have given me hope. 
May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word. 
My soul faints with longing for your salvation,but I have put my hope in your word. 
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. 
Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.
 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. 

But, all that being said,,,it still has to be an intentional decision....to hope, not to give up...on my part...it is not automatic ....but I can decide to go to that Hope first.....

Thank YOU for giving hope, being hope, providing hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment