Thursday, January 15, 2015

Life..connected...

Life.....

I was reading this morning in John 5:39-40, You diligently study the scriptures  because you think that by them you possess eternal life.  These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Jesus is life...

John 1:4 in him was life, and that life was the light of men..

John speaks of life more than anyone in the New Testament...

This morning, as well as yesterday afternoon, I have no internet connection...not sure why, but that is the reality. I can't read the news, read and answer letters, play words with friends, can't work on my photos or shop,  go back and forth to my Bible program, look up words, .....there is no life connection in either of my computers...I am back to a one dimension world... My computers have no life connection....I can write and read what is already on them, but that is all...but no life...they are turned on and have electricity...but not connecting to the world of cyberspace ....

When I was thinking about this in reference to Jesus, I can study, write,  just as the Jews were doing in John 5. But if I refuse to connect with Jesus there is no life...all the studying and writing in world brings me no closer to Him, if I don't believe and dwell in His life and He in mine....He is life itself ....

I want that life that only Jesus can give, that connectivity with Him, that truth from the Holy Spirit dwelling within me, ....I don't want just a one dimension world....even though I don't fully understand in my finite world, I want that connection with Christ....even when I can't see or know He doing, He is still working, moving ..living...He is life....

Thank YOU, that you are life...You created us, wanting fellowship with us...connection....You provide life abundantly .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment