Monday, January 12, 2015

Prepared for the day?


Prepared for the day?......

The "assignment" read Romans, chapter 12 everyday;  read it aloud; choose a "year's " verse, memorize it, summarize it into one word; write a prayer and share it....not too bad...doable...scary to share.....

I share most everyday on a blog that is read in various parts of the world...to some with recognizable faces, some complete strangers...sharing first about grieving, then life on a new level, a new awareness than ever before...vulnerability as never before....

widowhood changes life...it  enhances appreciation, gratitude, joy of the now, new relationship with God as Father, Husband...and many other characteristics that He is...

Whereas before I lived by lists, plans, schedules, planned days, daily Bible Studies and readings,.....now each day is a new wonder in His Word,  topic backed by God's word as He  chooses and opens new vistas of words on paper...sometimes He brings a picture to mind or object lesson, or a thought to be explored...then backs it up with His word...it is both challenging and humbling to do that "daily" waiting....and writing...and finally sharing ....

So back the the assignment....there is so much in Romans 12.  For me, it covers that basic commitment to Christ, worship, following His Word, discovering our gifting, growing in the fruit of Spirit, Christian disciplines,  unity in the body, living with the world as a Christian-acknowledging evil and God's response to it as well as mine........a short-intense summary of being a Christ follower all in one chapter...

What would be my chosen verse?  Verse 8a ..."if it is  encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously..."    chosen word?... Encourage or fruit...

I have to be truthful, verse 12, has dominated the last four years ...." Be joyful  in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer".  I had to grasp onto joy, hope, patience, prayer....seek them out diligently through the haze of grief...of losing both parents and my husband...there were times that I couldn't grasp, but was held and I still am by the loving arms of a loving God...

Now, moving forward, I can be the encourager at greater depth....through Christ's strength...and I can be the steward of giving to the needs of others...whereas before giving was a partnership with my husband, which was exhilarating, now I am learning to partner with my adult children and God seeking their ways of giving.....what a unspeakably wonderful experience.....


Lord, each day is new, each day is prepared for me especially by You....am I prepared for it?...no, not all the time....Your Word speaks to my heart every moment, You speak....help me  listen .....help me be a doer of the Word and not just a hearer.....help me encourage as You have encouraged me....comfort as You have comforted...help our family steward resources wisely to people and places of Your choosing....help me be joyful, living in harmony, devoted, honoring to others.....reflecting You in all I do...Thank YOU....


This " happened " to be today's devotional from "Jesus Calling" so am sharing it...
January 12
Jesus  calling-Let Me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey. You’d feel more prepared if you could somehow visualize what is on the road ahead. However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you will encounter today: Spend quality time with Me.
I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with Me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts. Thus, you can walk through this day with your focus on Me. My abiding Presence is the best road map available.
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
—Exodus 33:14

“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.”
—John 15:4–7


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment