Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Standing in a pharmacy line....

Standing in line at the pharmacy.....


Yesterday, I was standing, yet again, in line at the local pharmacy...there were many doing the same  and the time was ever so slowly ticking away.....the pharmacists looked frazzled, the clerks-tired....but everyone was pleasant....the young woman In front of me commented about the time it was taking and I remarked, "that at least we had the service" and she said, "that was true".

I was picturing in my mind other pharmacies I had visited in various places...in New Zealand and Australia, they were similar to one In which I was standing...
Beijing was in a huge department store on the bottom level...counters and counters of over the counter drugs, herbs, tinctures of this and that...basically , I looked for a familiar colored package and then asked, both in acting out the problem and words for the meds...and finally got some amazing  Cough drops...

Mongolia was very different...I needed some antibiotics...the "pharmacy" resembled our Fourth of July fireworks stand, only about 6-8 feet square...with wooden shelves lining the walls. You stood there gazing at the selection of medicines, all written in some foreign language...finally, I was able to get some Russian erythromycin . .., not a bottle, like we are used to, but one pill at a time...each carefully counted out and handed over, by hand ....I was glad to get it....

Two  of my friends go to India twice a year..handing out medicines, vitamins, love.....a ten day supply, knowing that the patients will again have the problems ten days later, because of the sanitary conditions...but the people feel cared for, valued...and will have also received the Gospel message, which is much more lifesaving than any of the medicines given ...

We are so blessed to be able to get the medicines we do here, even with lines at the pharmacy counter...so many parts of the world there is very little medical care, let alone big buildings for just that purpose...

I feel as though God has blessed us so much and I taken things for granted and I need to be reminded of His blessings ....even standing in a pharmacy line...

Thank YOU for the blessings you have bestowed ....the abundance, overflowing....

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” 

 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 

Psalm 65:9 You care for the land and water it;you enrich it abundantly.The streams of God are filled with waterto provide the people with grain,for so you have ordained it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment