Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Following....

Following.....

Tis  the season for shopping, it seems, Black Friday, cyber Monday .....even my iPad corrects and capitalizes Black Friday....wow...I didn't know it was a capitalized day!!!

We now have holiday trees rather than Christmas trees, holiday or winter break rather than Christmas break ....we are to say "happy holidays" rather than Merry Christmas ....rarely see any nativity "anything" anywhere...

Where is the Christ in Christmas??? He seems to be the forgotten reason for Christmas in many places....

Where do I stand? What am I doing to promote the real Christmas?  Who do I follow?  What is important?  Who is important?  

Help me to follow after You...in these hectic days, remembering the real reason for Your coming, living among men, teaching, sharing Your Word, sharing your light, bread, even blood that we might have a life in You....







Exodus 23:2 “Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd, 

Leviticus 20:8 Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, who makes you holy. 

Deuteronomy 11:22-25 If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fast to him— then the Lord will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you. Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the Mediterranean Sea. No one will be able to stand against you. The Lord your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go. 

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;all who follow his precepts have good understanding.To him belongs eternal praise. 

Psalm 119:33 Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,that I may follow it to the end. 

Matthew 4:18-22 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him. 

Matthew 19:27 Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?” 

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” 

2 Peter 1:16-18 For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain. 

Jude 1:16-23 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment