Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Long-johns....

Garments.....

Today is long-john weather....cold ...cold...cold...after a snow storm and wind yesterday.....so to go out almost requires long-johns....or under amour, which is so popular.... 

I feel bulky and really dislike wearing another layer of clothing, felling like the little brother in "the Christmas Story".  It really isn't that bad, but tending toward it...

I imagine Adam and Eve felt rather  odd wearing  clothing  after nakedness, but maybe not...it must have been different...though...

After that, clothing was the accepted way of life...special garments for priests, clothing that didn't wear out in the 40 year sojourn in the desert, all manner of clothing through the ages...different purposes, uses, colors, styles, cultures...very elaborate to the very plain....from the very expensive to the very least expensive...contrasts abound from the red carpet in Hollywood to the torn shirt worn by a refugee child in  a war torn country...
 
Being no fashion model, I do enjoy comfortable clothing....but there is a desire to put on God's clothing of righteousness, justice, praise...characteristics beyond fashion ....always in fashion....a gift .....only He can bestow....

Thank YOU that give we sinners the robe of righteousness as a covering for our forgiven sin filled life...


Genesis 3:21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

Exodus 28:2-5 Make sacred garments for your brother Aaron to give him dignity and honor. Tell all the skilled workers to whom I have given wisdom in such matters that they are to make garments for Aaron, for his consecration, so he may serve me as priest. These are the garments they are to make: a breastpiece, an ephod, a robe, a woven tunic, a turban and a sash. They are to make these sacred garments for your brother Aaron and his sons, so they may serve me as priests. Have them use gold, and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, and fine linen. 

Deuteronomy 29:5 Yet the Lord says, “During the forty years that I led you through the wilderness, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet. 

Job 29:14 I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban. 

Isaiah 61:10 I delight greatly in the Lord;my soul rejoices in my God.For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 

Mark 1:6 John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. 

John 19:23 When the soldiers crucified Jesus, they took his clothes, dividing them into four shares, one for each of them, with the undergarment remaining. This garment was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment