Saturday, December 13, 2014

Connectivity.....

Connectivity.....

Letters, letters, letters....my grandmother saved all the letters from each of her boys and families, as well as,all the cards from each occasion throughout the years.  I can see my dad finding these 37 years ago and storing them away to deal with later and now is later and he doesn't have to deal with them...these were written before email,etc. my parents wrote them every week , sent card for every occasion..so shoebox upon shoebox of cards and letters....everyday happenings, cute happenings , shared lives...one is my mother recalling a telephone conversation with my then two year son , after butchering chickens with his dad...such observations by a little boy....cute...

Some letters are serious as well, like the one my mother received from her pastor after the death of her mother, four typewritten pages long, on grief, consolation, care and comfort....he took that time with my family after the death on my dad as well....

Or another, written by my cousin who lived with my grandmother for a time after the death of my grandfather. My cousin was 23 at the time. He said he could deal with the physical care of her, but didn't know how to deal with the emotional trauma of loss....after 50 plus years of marriage....she said she felt like grandpa was going to walk through the door any minute...just the way I did for months after my husband's death....or wanting to write  to her about the daily news for years after her death....

Looking at those two letters in particular, I wish I could have talked to each my mother and grandmother about the deaths of their parents and spouses, now...gained some wisdom from them...but that wasn't God's plan...we each had to learn on our own...rely on His care and comfort, gain strength from His truths....fall into His loving arms with tears to shed ....

Thank YOU for connectivity through the written word, Your written word, words handed down over generations ....

1 Corinthians 2:12-13 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 

Job 13:17 Listen carefully to what I say;let my words ring in your ears. 

Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips;I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread. 

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect:The Lord’s word is flawless;he shields all who take refuge in him. 

Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 

No comments:

Post a Comment