Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Joseph's blessings....

Joseph's blessing.....

The song, " in moments like these", kept playing through my head, over and over again....I sang it as a solo over twenty years ago, but the words are still fresh...a selection from the musical about the life of Joseph...persecuted by his brothers, thrown in a pit, sold to travelers, sold as a slave, falsely accused, imprisoned for years...to finally being vindicated and thrust into national leadership...all the while allowing God to mold him....through dire circumstances....with no recorded complaints....

I had to ask, am I allowing God to mold me without complaint? Did Joseph harbor  resentments that we know nothing of?   Not sure...do I let everyone know when I am at odds with bad situations? Yes!  Do I want to be known as a complainer? No! Do I want people to read my story and say, "she let God work in her life and sought good?" Yes!.....

What will be remembered?   Not sure.....

I so  enjoyed Jacob's blessing for Joseph....through it all, he became a prince among his brothers,  a blessing to a nation....


Genesis 49:22-26 “Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine near a spring, whose branches climb over a wall. With bitterness archers attacked him; they shot at him with hostility. But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, because of your father’s God, who helps you, because of the Almighty, who blesses you with blessings of the skies above, blessings of the deep springs below, blessings of the breast and womb. Your father’s blessings are greater than the blessings of the ancient mountains, than the bounty of the age-old hills. Let all these rest on the head of Joseph, on the brow of the prince among his brothers. 

 in moments like these i sing out a song, YouTube .....
 
And later ...in Isaiah....another blessing...another report of life vindicated....

Isaiah 50:4-9 The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears; I have not been rebellious, I have not turned away. I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting. Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. He who vindicates me is near. Who then will bring charges against me? Let us face each other! Who is my accuser? Let him confront me! It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me. Who will condemn me? They will all wear out like a garment; the moths will eat them up. 

Thank YOU for those whose lives mirrored Your blessing even in hard circumstances.....they grew, they were molded into people of good repute...help me to lean on You in all times, the good and the seemingly bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment