Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Planting trees…

 Planting trees…



 “Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce. Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there, and do not decrease. But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.

Jer.29.4-7


Soil types, moisture, exposure, drainage, protection, elevation…a few key words in planting fruit trees…this is not just a “go down to the box store and get a ordinary tree” variety, but specifics….a science…

This tree planting, not only for your own future use, but tree planting for a heritage as well…planted to last, outlive this generation…want to pass down the “fruit” of your labor…


I thought of this as I planted trees in my front and back yards several years ago…or in any other place I have lived throughout my life…we planted to enjoy and to pass on…


We found trees, garden patches in old homesteads, mining camps…along our lives, places people lived temporarily or their lifetimes…


My dad would always proudly point out a tree he planted as a child, still producing pecans decades later…


The Lord told the people in exile in Babylon…”plant gardens …seek the welfare of the city where I sent you”…while you are there…


I guess, while we are here, this part of our journey in life…we need to plant, do what God wants us to do…seek good…learn our lessons…pass on wisdom, comfort…whatever we can…our lives are like a vapor, those 70+/- years…plant…


Thank YOU…


Fruitful vineyard…Isaiah 27…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzBBWBQQesU






No comments:

Post a Comment