Friday, April 5, 2024

 April 5, 2012….


Twelve years ago…my devo for the morning was…


 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 

So death is at work in us, but life in you.

2Cor.4.7,2Cor.4.8,2Cor.4.12


 For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel,“In returning and rest you shall be saved;in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”

Isa.30.15a


“As you go through this day, trust Me to provide the strength that you need moment by moment…

Let Me fill you with my Love, Joy, and Peace..these are Glory gifts, flowing from my  Living presence…

In quietness (spending time with me), and confident trust (relying on My sufficiency) is your strength…” Jesus Calling , Sarah Young…


Yesterday, I met with the Cancer Doctor for myself, not my husband…it is one thing to watch another go through treatment and quite another to be handed the diagnosis for yourself, I found…

12 years ago, the nurse said 2-4 weeks max left for my husband…we were on the last few days…we talked more and more about “anticipatory grief”…the anticipation of the days, weeks ahead…we knew from the beginning that my husband’s was terminal…

The Doctor, for me, is working on the premise that mine is not…so treating is different…so we are meeting it head on with high hopes in the coming months…


As I needed that quietness, that Presence then, I need it as well through this time…and all the time…filling with peace even when anxious…(my blood pressure goes up, just going to the doctor)…

I want to walk the talk…confident trust…


Leaning…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ5cLiCCOao






No comments:

Post a Comment