Sunday, April 21, 2024

Landmark….

 Landmark….


landmark

: an object (such as a stone or tree) that marks the boundary of land

: a conspicuous object on land that marks a locality

: an anatomical structure used as a point of orientation in locating other structures

: an event or development that marks a turning point or a stage…Merriam Webster…


When roaming around hills the other day, one place had a pile of rocks, supposedly to hold up the fence, but it could have been a landmark as well, a corner of a piece of property, or some boundary….


There are various kinds of landmarks…as seen in the definition…

One, I had this last week was cancer education…about a 2 hour fire hose of information. While I am so thankful for the information and the time the clinic takes to conduct this time, it was a landmark as well…the anniversary of my husband’s death from cancer, the anniversary of my moms operation of colon cancer and the beginning of my journey with cancer…great landmarks…


Everyday, reading in the Word, there are challenging words, there are comforting words, there are sometimes “landmark “ words…words especially for that moment in time…so I have been collecting again words of comfort, words of promise…


The PA that conducted the cancer education, said, “ think of this as blip of time” away from normal…”get through it and back to normal life”…and live as normally as possible…


That so reminded me of Jeremiah earlier this week…

“settle into the land, plant gardens, seek good”…then you can go back to “home”…


This week I start the “hands on” education process of this journey with cancer…not sure if I am over prepared, under prepared, overwhelmed….or what…but it is a landmark…a turning point, another stage of life, another chapter in God’s plan for my 

Iife…and He is there…


Thank YOU….



 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

John.10.28-29


 Do not move an ancient boundary stoneset up by your ancestors. Do not move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless, for their Defender is strong;

he will take up their case against you. 

Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.

Prov.22.28,Prov.23.10-12


Anxious Heart…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utCtxzstI9Q





No comments:

Post a Comment