Monday, April 1, 2024

Looking back and looking forward….




 




Looking back and looking forward…


I hope we can look back on our walk with Jesus and point to times that His Word has been particularly, passionately REAL for a particular time or times…not that it negated other times but places that stand out a bit more than others…


One passage for me about Jesus in the boat and calming the sea, saying “do be afraid” and then reaching the other side…

 Another passage in Jeremiah, about weariness, a promise that God will give rest to the weary…or In Corinthians, His promise of comfort in times of trial or assurance of a better place…or in Philippians, the promise of peace in thanksgiving/gratitude…


I could go on and on, even describing the stories behind each meaningful event, the location they took place…


Just thinking of each day this last week of preparing for Easter…what happened two thousand years ago…each day was important… each day had purpose…

Then came the resurrection…we commemorated it yesterday, the empty tomb…the proclamation that Jesus arose, conquering death…Victorious…


As I was reading, again, and the watching the following video about resurrection day, the walk to Emmaus was part of that day as well… and then our pastor spoke on the walk, as well…coincidence?, no, hardly…another purpose…another lesson….another confirmation of truth…


We visited one site of Emmaus when we visited Israel… apparently there is more than one site within the seven mile radius of Jerusalem…I remember thinking, a small village site, a walking path and Jesus taught so much and opened these men’s hearts to see the truth…using scriptures they would have known, all to point them to Him…and they were so excited they retraced the route back the Jerusalem to share…


Those men may have been despondent over the crucifixion, despairing over the death of their friend and mentor, walking with torn hearts of grief and Jesus met them, talked to them in His 

Word…opening their eyes and hearts to receive yet more of the Word…


Personally, this passage gives promise that no matter where we are, we can learn more about the Word, from the Word himself…we can rejoice and share…on our walk…

It hit home again, that through my walk with this cancer diagnosis…something I wasn’t expecting…even despaired or grieved of having…that I can learn more and more, even rejoicing and sharing if God so leads…He uses everything to teach, to comfort…as He walks with us…


Thank YOU…


 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. 

They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”

Luke.24.27,Luke.24.32

Luke 24:13+


 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.     

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.     

He restores my soul.

He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil,for you are with me;your rod and your staff,they comfort me. 

You prepare a table before mein the presence of my enemies;you anoint my head with oil;my cup overflows. 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all  the days of my life,and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Ps.23.1-6


 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Ps.32.8


Drive through history, the Resurrection…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQU8UQM4_XI


Our Easter Service…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRoLKRGsXAA


Thy Word…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1LSyRwNA_A


No comments:

Post a Comment