Saturday, December 30, 2023

Joy exudes….

  Joy exudes….


Last night I was watching a special I had copied earlier this season, Happy 98 th birthday to Dick Van Dyke.  He has been around a long time, has been in so many shows, movies, specials, and people laugh for all of his clean comedic antics…


The theme that’s ran through was his kindness, care, joy…”Joy exudes from his life”….


He was sitting there watching this special made for him, singing along with the musicians, tapping his fingers, toes with a look of utter joy seeing renditions of songs, dances he had participated in during his life….he was delighted…and delightful to watch…


I couldn’t help but think of God’s delight in us…looking at us as a father delights in his children…seeing joy in us, singing along with our lives when we are walking in his will ….looking with pleasure those high times in our lives, compassionate when trials come…


Thank YOU….


 David said…

I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. Lord, the God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep these desires and thoughts in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you.

1Chr.29.17-18


 The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders;where morning dawns, where evening fades,you call forth songs of joy.

Ps.65.8


 the Lord delights in those who fear him,who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Ps.147.11


 For the Lord takes delight in his people;he crowns the humble with victory. 

Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor-and sing for joy on their beds.

Ps.149.4-5


Proverbs 8


 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. He warned them not to tell others about him. 

This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: “Here is my servant whom I have chosen,the one I love, in whom I delight;I will put my Spirit on him,and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Matt.12.15-18


God delights in you…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw2RafIuRdw

No comments:

Post a Comment