Friday, September 1, 2023

Sinkholes…

 Sinkholes…


Yesterday, we were to have an uneventful ride from Jasper, Alberta to Calgary …and for the most part is was…we went to the Columbia Ice fields, riding huge ice buggies up on to the ice…most wandered around a bit…Connie and I stayed close to buggy as it was slippery…(am not a fan of falling on ice after this last year)…


We rode through beautiful scenery again, majestic mountains, glacier after glacier, waterfalls, glacier fed rivers…until the red rear lights caught our attention about 2 miles before next rest stop…on a four lane freeway…our side was backed up for miles, slow, stop and go traffic….


Finally, the report was a sinkhole in the eastbound lane. 21 x 6.5 feet…that is big enough for a car to fall into or truck or bus….


https://ca.news.yahoo.com/sinkhole-closes-part-hwy-1-214433446.html


Took two hours to get to the rest stop in Banff…dinner at 8:30 instead of 7 in airport hotel in Calgary…


Sinkholes/pits can definitely be a surprise in backyards, highways and life…causing detours and/or reflection, growth, pain and reconstruction…with helpers of all kinds…

Joseph’s brothers through him into a pit before they sold him into slavery…

Job speaks of a pit…

David speaks of a pit…


 Lord my God, I called to you for help,and you healed me. 

You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;you spared me from going down to the pit. 

To you, Lord, I called;to the Lord I cried for mercy: “What is gained if I am silenced,if I go down to the pit?

Will the dust praise you?

Will it proclaim your faithfulness? 

Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;Lord, be my help.” 

You turned my wailing into dancing;you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

Ps.30.2-3,Ps.30.8-12


 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire;he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 

He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear the Lordand put their trust in him. 

Blessed is the onewho trusts in the Lord,who does not look to the proud,to those who turn aside to false gods. 

Many, Lord my God,are the wonders you have done,the things you planned for us.

None can compare with you;were I to speak and tell of your deeds,they would be too many to declare.

Ps.40.2-5


Solomon speaks several times of various pits…

 The one whose walk is blameless is kept safe,but the one whose ways are perverse will fall into the pit.

Prov.28.18


Jeremiah was placed in a cistern/pit…


 So they took Jeremiah and put him into the cistern of Malkijah, the king’s son, which was in the courtyard of the guard. They lowered Jeremiah by ropes into the cistern; it had no water in it, only mud, and Jeremiah sank down into the mud.

Jer.38.6

I wonder if he thought of David’s words down there…

He was rescued… But Ebed-Melek, a Cushite, an official in the royal palace, heard that they had put Jeremiah into the cistern. While the king was sitting in the Benjamin Gate, “My lord the king, these men have acted wickedly in all they have done to Jeremiah the prophet. They have thrown him into a cistern, where he will starve to death when there is no longer any bread in the city.” Then the king commanded Ebed-Melek the Cushite, “Take thirty men from here with you and lift Jeremiah the prophet out of the cistern before he dies.” So Ebed-Melek took the men with him and went to a room under the treasury in the palace. He took some old rags and worn-out clothes from there and let them down with ropes to Jeremiah in the cistern. Ebed-Melek the Cushite said to Jeremiah, “Put these old rags and worn-out clothes under your arms to pad the ropes.” Jeremiah did so, and they pulled him up with the ropes and lifted him out of the cistern. And Jeremiah remained in the courtyard of the guard.

Jer.38.7,Jer.38.9-13


Am not sure how they repair highway sinkholes, but God does rescue us from ours…He knows the way out…


Thank YOU!!!


Waymaker…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpbeVFgs4E


No comments:

Post a Comment