Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Grandparent’s Day…



 Grandparents’s Day…



I just learned this morning that I missed Daughter’s 
Day…and I love my daughters as well as my daughters-in-law(love)…
sorry… and then I realized I missed Grandparent’s Day as well, September 10…and of course I missed Ice Cream Day and Peanut Butter Day and who knows what else…just can’t quite keep up with all the celebrations…I try to get family anniversaries and birthdays…and those are getting more and more as we increase the family…

 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
2Tim.1.3-5

Paul wrote of  Timothy’s grandmother, Lois… her faith which was passed on through his mother, Eunice as well…down to Timothy…
What an honor to be named in the Word as a person who passed on such an extraordinary gift…faith… to a grandson, who in turn pastored many…passing his faith down through the ages and we are still and will continue to read about him and her …their faith in Christ as Savior…

When you read the genealogy of Christ, there are grandparents one after another who passed their faith to the next generation.  Or Hebrews 11, the faith chapter, great ones whose faith kept them steadfast through many trials and tribulations…

I have to thank God for my grandparents and parents who steadfastness through much were examples to me…their faith passed on as well…and many who, like Paul or Timothy, influenced my life, Sunday School teachers, Pastors, friends, Bible study teachers, etc…

Thank YOU…

The Steadfastness Love of the Lord …


Faithful…

No comments:

Post a Comment