Friday, June 23, 2023

My poor apple tree…

  My poor apple tree…


I have an apple tree in my front yard…it is the second tree I have planted in this particular spot…I have babied it along…getting water to it, even a designated waterer…last year it put out a few apples, but they shriveled, and looked like the dried apple people crafts…there was very little growth on the limbs …
This year, I fertilized it again, put in a new watering system, pruned, thinned the few apples, even worked at straightening the top…and it still looks pathetic…
The other trees have grown thick and strong, new growth every year, apples abounding while this one continues down its puny path…

Every time I look at it, this parable comes to mind…
 “And he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. And he said to the vinedresser, ‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?’ And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.’””
Luke.13.6-9

I keep begging for another chance and maybe it will snap out of it and start to grow….before I make the final decision to cut it down…just one more chance…surely it will grow….please….

I have known and know people who beg for another chance…another time to make things right…I am the same way…I want another day, another year to grow well…I want that watering, that tilling, that fertilizer, that good soil to help me bear fruit and not become a puny Christian….

Thank YOU….

 He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season,and its leaf does not wither.In all that he does, he prospers.
Ps.1.3

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
John.15.1-2,  15.5-6

I am the Vine….

No comments:

Post a Comment