Saturday, June 24, 2023

Bees, bees and more bees….

 


Bees, bees and more bees…

My two raised gardening beds are profuse with flowers right now…in the past, I have planted veggies, decided to do flowers for awhile…so I emptied a couple of wild flower seed packets into them…

As like last year, they are again a profusion of colors…like a Monet painting…for awhile…

There are several different kinds of pollinators, bees, bumblebees, butterflies which float and fly amongst the blooms…
The other day, a huge bumblebee arrived, flitting here and there, determined, it seems, to drink the very last  drop of nectar…methodically going from flower to flower sucking up the minuscule drops…
Finally flying away…it was two or three times the size of the other “normal” bumblebee, so,  it very noticeable…

Watching these tiny creatures doing their job in life, I thought of the Israelites traipsing through the desert for forty years with the promise of entering a “land filled with milk and honey”…a land already in production…prepared just for them…

And, then as believers, we too, are traipsing, journeying through this life, with a promise of a place prepared just for us as well…

The desert wasn’t the Israelites’ home, just passing through…as are we here on earth…

Thank YOU…

 and I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
Exod.3.8

 If the Lord delights in us, he will bring us into this land and give it to us, a land that flows with milk and honey.
Num.14.8

 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
John.14.2-3

Heaven is wonderful place….





Pilgrims progress film…

No comments:

Post a Comment