Saturday, June 4, 2022

Thirsty…

 


Thirsty…


I am sitting in a warm, dry cabin as it pours liquid sunshine outside….it has been raining all night…supposedly a window of  no rain from 7 am -1pm…


It is “ free fishing” day in Oregon and they have specific places for age groups at the lake where I am…a big green tank for children 6 and under…a blocked off area for 7 and up, the stocked lake for adults.  Lots of water…lots of fish…


We drove here yesterday…across dry thirsty land, across places that usually are filled with water, growing hay fields, water fowl of all kinds…a migratory path…and voila, the water was scarce, the hay short, the birds non existent…remembering times past when water was up to the edges of the road and ducks were everywhere…times when hay couldn’t be cut until later in the summer….such changes in weather patterns, cycles of change…this year, thirsty…last year, wet…


God has control over it all…by his hand…he makes the changes…rain or shine…


Jesus describes another thirstiness that only he can satisfy…Himself….the true “water of life”…that place, that person who truly satisfies through all the searching, seeking that man does…

Thank YOU…


He turns rivers into a desert, springs of water into thirsty ground, a fruitful land into a salty waste, because of the evil of its inhabitants. 

He turns a desert into pools of water, a parched land into springs of water.

Psalm 107:33-35


“But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. 

For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

Isaiah 44:1-3


14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John 4:14


And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Revelation 21:6


16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” 

The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Revelation 22:16-17 

No comments:

Post a Comment