Thursday, June 23, 2022

Psalm 23…and politics….

 Psalm 23…and politics…


 I was reading this short devotional this morning…from “Don’t let politics steal your peace” by Joel Maln….


“We want:

1. Security (physical, financial, and emotional)

2. Connection (relationships, compassion, feeling valued and accepted)

3. Freedom (empowerment, options for ourselves and our family)


Political parties build their platforms around those things and make promises to meet those needs. But they can also use fear to persuade you that the "other side" wants to take those things from you.  

As citizens of God’s Kingdom, we need to regularly remind ourselves that no matter what a politician may promise (or threaten), our source for security, connection, and freedom is God’s love. He is the only one who can ultimately fulfill those needs. No matter who wins elections, God is the source for all we need. 

Take some time today to remind yourself that God is the source of your security, connection, and freedom. We don’t have to be afraid, because God’s Spirit of power and love lives inside of us. His Kingdom is where you will find the fulfillment for all you need.”


This devotional just brought me back to psalm 23…and care that the shepherd offers his beloved sheep….his provision through life…


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

He makes me lie down in green pastures. 

He leads me beside still waters. 

He restores my soul. 

He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23:1-6


Or Isaiah….


but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31


Thank YOU….

No comments:

Post a Comment