Friday, September 10, 2021

“Mine”

 “Mine”….


It seems like one of the first words a baby learns is “mine” especially if they have siblings or ones close to their age…they end up squabbling over something…repeating the word “mine” over and over again…

We get that concept early on…mine, mine, mine…or “my”…that possessiveness of things, ideas, actions… Life…

I knew yesterday after I posted a picture of “my” peaches which are getting eaten up by birds…that the “my” had to be in parentheses…

I realized I had paid for them, planted the trees, watered them, sprayed, fertilized, babied them….but they are still God’s trees…he created them, gave them color, seasons, caused them to bloom, provided the bees, the water, the sunshine, even me-the watcher, …..everything about them is God’s doing….I get to be a tool, a steward…and reap when available….

That goes for everything….just everything….that has breath, life…He has our days numbered, He has the power to give and take away…He breathed life into man at the beginning…He specially formed us…


So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12

then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being…


So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.

Genesis 2:7,21-22 


He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. 

Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. 

The Lord  lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground. Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make melody to our God on the lyre! 

He covers the heavens with clouds; he prepares rain for the earth; he makes grass grow on the hills. 

He gives to the beasts their food, and to the young ravens that cry.

Psalm 147:4-9 


Nothing is really mine….not my life, not my “toys”, not my finances…We are given the power to steward…to watch, to care for…it is all God’s…He made it …He rules…


Then when I am reminded that He is preparing a place for us when we leave this place…it becomes more awesome…


In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

John 14:2-3


Thank YOU for the reminder in a flock of finches…that You own it all…thank YOU for life…the gifts You give…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEDcKZB7r2A



"Breathe" Michael W. Smith


This is the air I breathe

This is the air I breathe

Your holy presence living in me


This is my daily bread

This is my daily bread

Your very word spoken to me


And I I'm desperate for you

And I I'm I'm lost without you


This is the air I breathe

This is the air I breathe

Your holy presence living in me


This is my daily bread

this is my daily bread

your very word spoken to me


And I'm, I'm desperate for you

And I'm, I'm lost without you


And I'm desperate for you

And I'm, I'm lost without you.


I'm lost without you. 


I'm lost without you.


I'm desperate for you.


(Cry out to live)


I'm desperate for you.. 


I'm lost, I'm lost, I'm lost without you.. 

I'm lost without you


I'm desperate for you

No comments:

Post a Comment