Friday, July 16, 2021

Wheat and harvest….

Wheat and harvest…


Yesterday, I drove out through fields ripe for harvest…lines of trucks waiting the thrashed grains, lines of harvesters working their way through the huge grain fields…the crackle, crunch of stocks being cut, thrashed and blown in the waiting trucks…the dust, the chaff fluttering in the wind on a dry, hot day…


Came home to my mail to find another harvest…A picture of Bibles being delivered to a remote village in Papua, Indonesia…

I was reading about this as I was attempting to do a painting of a wrapped gift….

I thought how ironic that these science would all fit together for the day…


The work, the layers, the preparation going into each…the dream, years of translation, the hundreds of hours of listening, writing, redoing, reviewing, the printing, the field prep, the seeds sown, the equipment care, the workers, the teamwork, the directions, the steps going into each….and finally the delivery, the harvest…the finished product….


 a harvest, a changed life, a picture…diligence, prayer, work


God, You are so good to be involved with it all…thank YOU…


He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. 27 Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. 28 All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. 29 As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.”

Mark 4:26-29 


35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

John 4:35-38


Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 28:18-20


As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: 

It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Isaiah 55:10-12 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment