Sunday, July 11, 2021

Go….send me….

 


Go….send me…


Am up to Isaiah in my Old Testament reading for this year…

Reading this passage about Isaiah declaring/asking God to send him to the people…not an easy task…

It made me recall to mind the missionaries/mission organizations our family has been involved with over the years…

My grandparents supported missionaries, my parents supported missionaries and we, as a family, supported missionaries and now my children and grandchildren support missionaries…


Our first was a family going to South America with New Tribes…another to Papua, then Africa…not any of were these easy assignments..the list goes on to people on all continents, many organizations, many ministries reaching a variety of people in a  variety of ways from Bible translation to pilots to day to day helps, water wells,  building churches/hospitals, working with children, veterinary services, sports teams, counseling, sharing the Jesus Film, helping rebuild villages, medical, offering a shoebox of children’s gifts….living life…sharing Jesus….or simply talking to the people next door…

Their lives have not necessarily been easy….lives lost on the field, wars, relocations for safety, mental stresses, cultural shifts, weather emergencies, medical emergencies….the list goes on…

But the Word goes on….in miraculous ways…


This is what our family has been called to do…God provided the resources to do His bidding…we all have a calling and we need to follow it, not comparing ours with others….even within our family, there are different manifestations of that calling…different responsibilities…giftings….


When I  think of the awesomeness of seeing God, the song of “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is filled with his glory”….I, too, cry, I am so Unworthy…that He would choose me to do any of His bidding….it is such a gift to be used in places He has chosen beforehand…we all get to partake of this, if we, like Isaiah say,”send me”…

Thank YOU…


In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 

Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 

And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” 

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. 

“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” 

Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 

With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for. ” 

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? ” 

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:1-8


Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 

38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

Matthew 9:37-38


Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Colossians 4:6 


Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage —with great patience and careful instruction. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

2 Timothy 4:2,5


Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 

20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 28:16-20


Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” 

He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Acts 1:6-8l.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment