Thursday, July 15, 2021

Conspiracy….

 Conspiracy …


Definition of conspire

transitive verb

: PLOT, CONTRIVE

: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement

: SCHEME

: to act in harmony toward a common end…


The first time I really remember hearing about conspiracies was after President Kennedy was killed in the early 1960’s.  That word was really not on my radar.   And now we still see the tabloids promoting various conspiracy theories near the checkout stand at the grocery stores…President Kennedy’s assassination is still being speculated almost 50 years ago…


With our instant information life, more and more conspiracy theories abound….some true and others not so true…it behoves each of us to search for truth…not to be driven by speculation, fear, panic, lies on any subject…


The Word even addresses conspiracies…several times it is mentioned…

But, it really jumped off the page as I was reading this passage in Isaiah…


For the Lord spoke thus to me with his strong hand upon me, and warned me not to walk in the way of this people, saying: “Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread. But the Lord of hosts, him you shall honor as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Isaiah 8:11-13 


It was a gentle reminder that I want truth to be prevalent in my life, not be driven by this or that, the shifts in the winds of time…not to live in fear of the next speculation…living  at peace with those around me…exhibiting the Fruit of the Spirit…


Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Romans 12:17-18 


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. 

Against such things there is no law. 

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 

Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. 

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 5:22-23,25-26,6:9


Some would say, I have my head in the sand, not really aware of this world’s troubles.  But I am aware…I just don’t want the fears to rule my life…


Thank YOU that you are my peace…

No comments:

Post a Comment