Thursday, February 4, 2021

WAit....

 Wait...


One of the hardest things I find to do is ...wait...


We live in a hurried world...we want things instantly ...results from tests, grocery lines, Stop lights, Amazon delivery, flu shots, whatever....we wait...impatiently, tapping our toes...rolling our eyes at others...anxiously “twiddling our thumbs”...all the while, wait, wait, wait..


Some people came to Moses in Numbers with a question and his answer was the following...


And Moses said to them, “Wait, that I may hear what the Lord will command concerning you.”

Numbers 9:8 


How convicting...how often do I wait for God’s answer...do I forge ahead doing my own thing without His direction....saying to myself “of course this is what He would say or do”...not waiting for that peace that accompanies the “real direction”...ohhh..


These men’s question was concerning celebrating Passover...and they did get their answer on exactly how to do it...


Further, in the same portion of scripture, God gave them directions on stopping and going at His Leading...

I am not trying to be trite, but, it was like a holy command of “Simon says”...only this was “God says “... they moved when God said , stayed when He said...waiting ...again...and they did this for 40 years!  Oh, were complaints to be sure...as well as discipline....


But, back to Moses...I desire to have that attitude of waiting for what God has in store...waiting for His perfect will, answer...

Thank YOU for patience with me in such times that I want to move ahead of You...calm my spirit to seek Your right answer...


 Numbers 9


Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 25:5 


Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.

Psalm 33:20 


Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

Psalm 37:7  


But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.

Psalm 38:15


For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Psalm 62:5


but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31


It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

Lamentations 3:26 


But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Romans 8:25 






 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment