Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Guarded...

 Guarded...


 In the book of Numbers, God give instructions about the movement of the people on their journey through the desert...they are pretty specific. The Levites are the guard the tabernacle on all sides, carrying certain items as they go, given their own duties as well. Moses and his brother Aaron led the procession to guard the priests...with a rearguard as well...


There are many references to “guard” throughout the Word, but my all time favorite is when John records Jesus prayer from his disciples and all who come because of their word....that means He prayed for me...he was not only setting a guard for those with him but down through the ages, those who believed...that just brings chills and tears  of thankfulness...


David prayed, Nehemiah prayed for guards to be set for protection, for their hearts, their ways and Jesus went away but sent The Holy Spirit to help and guard those who believe...thank YOU....


9 I am praying for them. 

I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. 

10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. 

12 While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 

20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 

24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 

25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 

26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

John 17:9-12,20,24-26 


“Behold, I send an angel before you to guard you on the way and to bring you to the place that I have prepared.

Exodus 23:20 


But the Levites shall camp around the tabernacle of the testimony, so that there may be no wrath on the congregation of the people of Israel. And the Levites shall keep guard over the tabernacle of the testimony.”

Numbers 1:53 


They shall keep guard over him and over the whole congregation before the tent of meeting, as they minister at the tabernacle. 

They shall guard all the furnishings of the tent of meeting, and keep guard over the people of Israel as they minister at the tabernacle. 

And you shall appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall guard their priesthood. But if any outsider comes near, he shall be put to death.” 


The clans of the Gershonites were to camp behind the tabernacle on the west, And the guard duty of the sons of Gershon in the tent of meeting involved the tabernacle, the tent with its covering, the screen for the entrance of the tent of meeting, the hangings of the court, the screen for the door of the court that is around the tabernacle and the altar, and its cords—all the service connected with these. 

To Kohath belonged the clan of the Amramites and the clan of the Izharites and the clan of the Hebronites and the clan of the Uzzielites; these are the clans of the Kohathites. And their guard duty involved the ark, the table, the lampstand, the altars, the vessels of the sanctuary with which the priests minister, and the screen; all the service connected with these. 

To Merari belonged the clan of the Mahlites and the clan of the Mushites: these are the clans of Merari. And the appointed guard duty of the sons of Merari involved the frames of the tabernacle, the bars, the pillars, the bases, and all their accessories; all the service connected with these; also the pillars around the court, with their bases and pegs and cords. 

Those who were to camp before the tabernacle on the east, before the tent of meeting toward the sunrise, were Moses and Aaron and his sons, guarding the sanctuary itself, to protect the people of Israel. And any outsider who came near was to be put to death.

Numbers 3....


“He will guard the feet of his faithful ones....

1 Samuel 2:9a


And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them day and night.

Nehemiah 4:9


Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you.

Psalm 25:20-21


For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

Psalm 91:11


How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! 

I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word.

Psalm 119:9-11,17


Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!

Psalm 141:3 


Righteousness guards him whose way is blameless, but sin overthrows the wicked.

Proverbs 13:6 


The highway of the upright turns aside from evil; whoever guards his way preserves his life.

Proverbs 16:17 


Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? 

Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. 

And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Isaiah 58:7-8,11 


33 Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come.

Mark 13:33 


By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you.

2 Timothy 1:14




















No comments:

Post a Comment