Thursday, February 11, 2021

Themes....recap...

Themes....recap....


There are several authors, groups who have summarized the books of the Bible into a few words or chosen what they felt the theme verse is for each book.

The following are a few...they don’t all match as you can see from the various ones for the book of Deuteronomy...


My suspicion, for me personally,  is that what my theme would be is what God is dealing with me or teaching me dictates my theme ...

Case in point...I always loved the book of Ruth...it was romantic, redemptive...but, when I became a widow, the whole book turned into care for the widow, still redemptive, but deeper ...same book, same story, at a different level...

Or the book of Psalms has met my personal needs in so many places, depression, joy, praise, caring, cleansing, compassion, teaching, character of God and so much more...


For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12 


In Deuteronomy, there are times when I need the encouragement to be strong and courageous....there are times when I need to be reminded to love the Lord with all my might....times when I need to be reminded to ask my elders and to teach or hand down to the generations...and on and on... 


I am so glad there is so much more learning to do...words to read, words to write... and  lessons to learn....God’s Word needs more than a brisk, quick read...it needs basking, diving into, listening with our hearts, learn from, consuming, defining, holding tightly, soaking into, enfolding, touching, live by, crying over, rejoicing with, mediating on, fear, remembering, searching, doing, disciplined with....and so much more....thank YOU...


Genesis 1:1

The Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth

Leviticus 20:26

You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.


Numbers 23:19 

God is not human, that he should lie,

    not a human being, that he should change his mind.

Does he speak and then not act?

    Does he promise and not fulfill?


Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”


You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deuteronomy 6:5 


Remember the days of old; consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will show you, your elders, and they will tell you.

Deuteronomy 32:7


Deuteronomy=Moses gives Israel instructions (in some ways, a recap of the laws in Exodus–Numbers) for how to love and obey God in the Promised Land.


Deuteronomy=obedience 


https://www.thenivbible.com/blog/66-inspirational-verses-from-every-book-of-the-bible/#:~:text=Inspiration%20from%20the%20Pentateuch.%201%201.%20Genesis%201%3A1.,4.%20Numbers%2023%3A19.%205%205.%20Deuteronomy%2031%3A6.%20


https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bible-study/an-amazing-summary-of-the-bible-in-66-verses.html


https://overviewbible.com/books-of-the-bible/


How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 119:103,105


Keep them and do them, for that will be your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who, when they hear all these statutes, will say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’

Deuteronomy 4:6


But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 4:29


“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9  

No comments:

Post a Comment