Monday, February 1, 2021

Another saint has gone home...

 Another saint has gone home...


I awoke this morning to thoughts of another saint going home...my prayers for another woman jointing the ranks of widowhood ....daughters missing their father, grandchildren missing their grandfather...

There is sadness, loss in their camp...as well as others who have had the privilege of knowing him...we rejoice in his home going...knowing that he is at peace, having finished his earthly journey well...

I am sure he was welcomed with, “well done, good and faithful servant”...


But there is an emptiness, a hole  left behind...that only God’s peace can fill...there will be tears, memories, as well as laughter at fun times...a quietness of the empty room, a chair at the table...

Ambushes coming  from no quick phone calls, someone coming through the door, no quiet conversations, an embrace, the secret smile or nod on encouragement...the sound of their vehicle coming up the drive, the small invaluable things we miss...


But, picturing their entrance into the next realm...I imagined lines of people, well wishers, shaking hands, clapping him on the back, laughter and awe...a place he had only read about coming into view...God is the Light...a robe of pure white...singing like none other, overwhelming sense of peace and wonder...all with no end...rooms prepared...a banquet laid...promises kept...God in his splendor...


Then I opened my computer, this article popped up...


https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bible-study/10-beautiful-descriptions-of-heaven-from-the-bible.html?utm_source=Daily%20Bible%20Living&utm_campaign=Daily%20Bible%20Living%20-%20BibleStudyTools.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4279543&bcid=da862c45ddf0953aba8004a42993b38a&recip=543616088%20


2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

John 14:2-4,6-7


You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:11 


Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness. For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn.

Psalm 89:15-17 


Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants.

Psalm 116:15 




Thank YOU....












 


No comments:

Post a Comment