Sunday, March 1, 2020

Valiant warriors...

Valiant warriors...


valiant 
Definition of valiant
1
: possessing or acting with bravery or boldness : COURAGEOUS
valiant soldiers
2
: marked by, exhibiting, or carried out with courage or determination : HEROIC
valiant feats

I have lost two relatives recently, an aunt and a cousin, Parkinson’s and cancer...one 80+ and the other in his 50’s...one on each side of my family...

Each,  I would characterize as valiant warriors, battling and/or bearing with their maladies in years, not days or months...
I would also classify their families as valiant warriors as well. Tending, caring, encouraging, standing by, loving and finally letting go...

Both well known in their respective communities...teachers, supporters, parents, encouragers, loving family members, friends of many...

Each of us has our own paths through this earthly journey...we can choose our eternal destiny, Christ or no Christ...

He speaks to our hearts...with ...

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
John 6:29 

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
John 14:1-4 

David speaks thus...

Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
Psalm 73:25-26,28 

To his son Solomon ...
“I am about to go the way of all the earth,” he said. “So be strong, act like a man, and observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go and that the Lord may keep his promise to me: ‘If your descendants watch how they live, and if they walk faithfully before me with all their heart and soul, you will never fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’
1 Kings 2:2-4
Even though I won’t have a successor to 
David’s throne, I pray my descendants follow God...

Courage to be a valiant warrior before the Lord...in His name... to follow, the stand firm in Christ’s love and for His ways...

Thank YOU that you give us courage in times of battle..You carry us through...in Your strength we are strengthened...

No comments:

Post a Comment