Saturday, March 28, 2020

Escaping...

Escaping...

I escaped from my home yesterday to meet one of my daughters, then to hand off my short grocery list as she was venturing into the unknown of a local grocery store not knowing what was available for that day...

What a turnaround from just a month ago!!!

Driving to meet her, I passed pastures of cows with their newborns, goats with their tiny kids and finally sheep with their little lambs...as well as apple, pear, cherry trees on the verge of bursting into prolific blooms...spring is here or nearly so...still a nip in the air as passing showers drop hail, rain, sleet and at higher elevations, snow...yes, definitely spring...

But, I enjoyed the short won freedom, oh yes...even though I felt almost like a criminal driving around...when the orders are to stay at home except for necessities...

Eight years ago, I left our apartment for a short time, from staying with my cancer ridden husband for nearly five months...it was a dizzying occasion...I was almost disoriented in being outside after the confinement...he wasn’t alone, someone was here with him...but I found life was still going on out of the confines of the apartment...new life was happening, the sun was shining, lambs were being born, etc...even though our lives had taken an abrupt detour in our plans...

God was in the confines of the apartment, as well as the outside world...seasons were happening, life was going on and He was there...just as now with the world in “lockdown “...His presence never leaves...we may not notice, we may not even acknowledge...but, He is holding us, speaking to us in our hearts, loving us, protecting us all of our numbered days...thank YOU...

Hear me, Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. 
Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. 
You are my God; have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.
Psalm 86:1-4 

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. 
See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. 
You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
James 5:7-8 -

No comments:

Post a Comment