Saturday, March 21, 2020

In the midst....

In the midst....


I walk now a little more outdoors as the weather is warming a little...there are different paths to take...each having a variety of scenery.
One of my five year old grandsons walked with me the other day. At his heights, he sees a different perspective, things closer to the ground or on the ground...the bugs, the rocks, the clods of mud, the pine cones....a bridge to look through at the moving water below on his knees observing a forgotten tire covered with moss, the pair of ducks which have begun setting on a nest, an entangled, forgotten tennis shoe washed from who knows where...
But we amble along, observing the beginnings of spring...the crocus, the daffodils, the forsythia in brilliant yellow, the flowering trees ready to burst into bloom...dandelions, of course, making their presence known in this lawn or that...change from winter...just as the world as we knew it last month has changed...

With everyday, everywhere, everyone in anxiety mode or even panic mode, overworked, under worked, expectant of another rule or regulation, another announcement of strictness, financial ruin or near miss...

In the midst of that, spring is starting to show its colors and changes...Lord, help me see the beauty in the midst of the ashes...help me see Your order in the midst of the confusion....help me see Your smile and heart of compassion in the midst the chaos....help me me hear Your, “do not be afraid”, in the midst of the storm...help me live in Your “peace that passes all understanding” in the midst of anxiousness...help me be thankful in the midst of ungratefulness...help me give you my burdens in the midst of crushing worries...help me realize that with You nothing is too hard to bear...help me see needs of others in the midst of want..

For You are in the midst...nothing is a surprise...You are still in control...
Thank YOU...

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Jeremiah 17:7-8

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord .
Psalm 27:13-14 

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15 

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment