Thursday, August 1, 2019

Psalm 23 again...

Psalm 23...


As I was walking near one of my daughter’s home, I couldn’t help but take this picture...it so reminded me of the quiet waters spoken of in Psalm 23... right now...(I have seen the same creek raging with water in winter months...)
I was refreshed by just hearing and view I got from the creek as it ran through the lush green forest...




While in Israel this spring, we passed over many streams, some dry rock beds, some full rivers, as well as the Jordan streams gushing out of the mountain side...going down into the lush Sea of Galilee finding its way to the Dead Sea...

The now quiet stream I saw recently depicted that refreshing sense of care as did those streams in faraway Israel...as God was with me in each place...thank YOU...


The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:1-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment