Monday, August 5, 2019

Neighborhood trees ...and life...

Neighborhood trees....and life...

I have several paths for morning walks around the neighborhoods...I can pass older homes, new construction, new homes, schools, churches, a canal which passes through it all...

There are towering thick-based cottonwoods, pines, in the older homes’ yards....Russian olive trees along the canal serving as protection and food for the various birds and wildlife that reside there...new trees by the new homes...middle-aged trees by the middle-aged homes...diseased trees needing removal...unhealthy trees which need some TLC....trees that are in dire need of pruning...fruit trees which are providing delicious crops of apples, pears, plums, cherries, peaches, walnuts, nectarines...flowering trees giving off  wonderful aromas....ornamental trees designed to show their beauty...shade trees which cool the summer heated air...short trees, tall trees, fat trees,  round trees, collinear trees.... a multitude of greens against the morning sky...a variety each with their own purpose...just like the people whom they surround...



As I attended church I found the same variety of people....There are the older aged people...people who encourage, mentor, protect...new members, attenders...middle-aged...unhealthy and diseased who need extra TLC...fruitful, aromatic members...all shaped and sized and colors...each filling a spot that has a purpose for them alone...

God has designed everything and everyone with purpose ...from the towering trees to the tiniest infant...each lending itself to the picture of life He gave us here...how he must delight in the variety and creativity...

Thank YOU...

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds. ” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:11-12 

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand — when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18 

for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
Philippians 2:13 

No comments:

Post a Comment