Wednesday, October 25, 2017

It is the assurance...

It is the assurance...

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another —and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:19-25

However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him—
1 Corinthians 2:9

It was that last verse in Corinthians that was my assurance of my salvation...I grew up going to to church...a fundamental church at the time, which has changed. I always believed that Jesus was the Son of God, the life and the resurrection...but the words, "saved" or " salvation" were not words I heard in that denomination...later when my husband and I made a commitment to find a church, attend regularly...we chose one that we felt  a peace that that was one we were to become involved in...those words were used regularly...
I knew what they meant and felt that I was...but one night we were watching a movie, "left behind" And I thought, "if I haven't said the "right " words or really made that commitment to Christ---I am doing it right now..."

Reading those words soon after that, I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that they were for me...

We each come to that assurance in different ways, different times, different circumstances....it can be earth shattering, or a calm assurance, but knowing beyond a shadow doubt that when we meet Christ face to face, we can claim his promises because He said so is beyond description ...it is a peace that passes understanding...

It is not belonging to a church, it is not growing up in the right or wrong family, it is not a nebulous being,....God is real....He is who he says He is...the Creator, the First and Last, the Mighty, The I AM...the Eternal...and He wants/desires that we know him...personally...He waits/ desires fellowship with each one of us...He loves us and has loved us before we know  or knew Him...

Thank YOU...

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:16-17

As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;
Romans 3:10

for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Romans 10:13

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment