Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Delights" again....

"Delights" again...

I was reading the sixth chapter of Esther and came across these verses again which set my mind to rabbit trailing...

When Haman entered, the king asked him, “What should be done for the man the king delights to honor?”
Now Haman thought to himself, “Who is there that the king would rather honor than me?” So he answered the king, “For the man the king delights to honor, have them bring a royal robe the king has worn and a horse the king has ridden, one with a royal crest placed on its head. Then let the robe and horse be entrusted to one of the king’s most noble princes. Let them robe the man the king delights to honor, and lead him on the horse through the city streets, proclaiming before him, ‘This is what is done for the man the king delights to honor!’”
Esther 6:6-9

There is no mention of God in the book of Esther, but his fingerprints, his watch care is evident in the twists and turns of events...the salvation of his people from a jealous, zealous enemy...his use of a beautiful young woman who gained the King's affection for "such a time as this"...another rabbit trail...

Back to the question and answer...Haman, who desires the honor himself, gives the answer which he would like done to himself...but eventually has to do it to his enemy (how deflating)...

It just made me think that God gives us a robe of righteousness, he delights to honor us, showing us off at sometime as his children, whom he loves...as we watch the enemy of God go to his final judgement...even though he, Satan,  wants the honor for himself...

I know it is a rabbit trail...but an interesting one...

Thank YOU that you delight in your children, that you give me that honor of being part of your kingdom, robed in righteousness because of your Son...who defeated death, rose again and sits with you...

He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
Psalm 18:17-19

May your priests be clothed with your righteousness; may your faithful people sing for joy.’”
Psalm 132:9

the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Psalm 147:11

I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10

A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.
Proverbs 11:18

No comments:

Post a Comment